The plant Lagundi can be used as cure for rheumatism, cough, asthma, and fever. This plant is small shrub that can grow up two to three meters tall. The leaves of this plant is green and small and it is subdivided into 5. The opposite portion of the leaves has tiny small feathers. Lagundi will bear bluish flowers that will bloom all year round. This plant also bears fruits with its black color. This plant will usually grow anywhere in the Philippines. You can plant lagundi by cutting the branches and put the branch into the soil.
Benefits of Lagundi:
- Relief of asthma & pharyngitis
- Recommended relief of rheumatism, dyspepsia, boils, diarrhea
- Treatment of cough, colds, fever and flu and other bronchopulmonary disorders
- Alleviate symptoms of Chicken Pox
- Removal of worms, and boils
Preparation & Use:
- Boil half cup of chopped fresh or dried leaves in 2 cups of water for 10 to 15 minutes. Drink half cup three times a day.
- For skin diseases or disorders, apply the decoction of leaves and roots directly on skin.
- The root is specially good for treating dyspepsia, worms, boils, colic and rheumatism.